If you want to reach your goals, self-care belongs on the top of your to-do list. When you protect your health and wellbeing, you give yourself the strength you need to succeed. Ironically, we often abandon self-care just when we need it the most. Feeling overburdened and overwhelmed can make you more likely to skip meals or miss workouts. On the other hand, if you make self-care automatic, you’ll create habits you can depend on to see you through major setbacks or minor irritations.
1. Think positive. Studies show that optimists live longer and have stronger immune systems. Look on the bright side and count your blessings.
2. Sleep well. Sleep provides a time for restoration and rejuvenation. Go to bed and rise on a consistent schedule. Turn off the television and block out street lights and noises if they’re keeping you up at night.
3. Manage stress. Find relaxation practices that work for you. You might enjoy soaking in a warm bath or meditating in a quiet spot.
4. Take frequent breaks. Scheduling some downtime makes you more productive. Stand up and stretch when you’re working at the office. Pause in between errands to drink a cup of tea and calm your mind.
5. Delegate wisely. Focus on the tasks that match your strengths. Try to transfer the rest of your responsibilities to others, whether that means hiring a housecleaner or trading assignments with a co-worker.
6. Develop a hobby. Fill your leisure time with meaningful activities. Creative pastimes can help you relax and feel accomplished.
7. Be assertive. Stand up for yourself. Ask for what you need tactfully and directly. Remember that you are worthy of respect and consideration.
8. Stay connected. Cultivate close relationships with family and friends. Make time in your schedule for family dinners and coffee dates. Invite a new colleague out to lunch. Call up a friend you haven’t seen in awhile so you can catch up.
9. Seek inspiration. Find something that motivates you. You might want to join a prayer group at your church or climb a mountain to admire the view.
Reduce stress and accomplish more by making self-care a top priority. Treating yourself with compassion and kindness is essential to your mental and physical health.
P.S. I wrote a book on goal setting called The Goal Getter Guide order your copy here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nicolya+williams
Trust me this book will change the way you set and reach goals and life will never be the same!!