There are a few things you may not want to hear. But it’s okay. You’ll be better for knowing them once you dry your eyes. Failing to understand these truths makes life confusing and dissatisfying. Seek the truth and it will set you free.
Understand these truths and increase your understanding of life:
1. Most people only care about what’s in it for them. The majority of the world doesn’t care if you’re nice to puppies and remember your spouse’s birthday. Do you know society is composed of? It’s a bunch of people that need things. They need money, food, clothing, self-confidence, comfort, entertainment, and personal satisfaction.
• If you can’t provide any of the many needs that society wants to have fulfilled, you’re not going to get the respect and recognition you desire.
• It’s important to develop skills, products, or services that satisfy the needs of society. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself being ignored.
2. You can’t control or change others. This may be the hardest lesson to learn, especially where romantic relationships are concerned. You find someone that comes close to what you’re looking for, except for a few rough areas. You’re certain you can turn them into something you can live with. In most cases, you’d be wrong.
• People naturally resist being controlled or changed. Think about how hard it is to change yourself even when you want to change. You want to eat better, lose weight, hit the gym every day, and save more money. But 99% of the time you can’t make those changes.
• Now, imagine how hard it would be to change someone that doesn’t want to change. Then add on the fact that they’re resentful and resisting your efforts. You have no chance.
• Accept people for what they are. Either change your expectations or expect to be disappointed.
3. Failure is normal. Failure is par for the course. Expect to experience several failures before attaining results that please you. The only way to avoid failure is to never try. Never trying is the perfect strategy to ensure that you never experience success.
• Learn to deal with failure effectively. It’s nothing more than an undesirable result and there’s no reason to take it personally. Adjust your approach and try again.
Do you know the truth about the world? You’re on your own more than you realize. Fortunately, that puts you in the driver’s seat.