We are too hard on ourselves.
We hold onto our shortcomings and conveniently forget our successes and positive qualities.
It’s not easy for other people to respect, like, or love you if you don’t love yourself.
I always say if you put a low value on yourself trust and believe that the world won’t increase it.
While we find it easy to love others, it’s much more challenging to appreciate ourselves. We allow others to take advantage of us. We tolerate unhealthy relationships. We overeat. We waste our valuable time. We have goals that are far beneath our capabilities.
STOP living like that. YOU deserve better!
Give yourself the love you deserve by:
1. Understanding that you are relevant. You matter to the world. Your opinions matter. Your work matters. Your mere presence matters. You’ve already touched numerous lives in a positive way.
2. Understand that your greatest mistakes don’t define you. Failure is your feedback and it allows you to grow. Your mistakes may have influenced your life, but they’ve only changed who you are if you’ve permitted it. It doesn’t matter how many mistakes you’ve made. Tomorrow is a new day.
3. Forgive someone that has wronged you. Forgiving doesn’t mean that you have to let them back into your life or give them another chance. It just means that you’re not going to spend any more time or mental energy holding onto your anger. Be good to yourself and let it go. * You’ll impress yourself with your inner strength and enjoy the relief that forgiveness brings.
4. Think about the best compliments you’ve ever received. Review them, write them down, bask in them. The most meaningful compliments are those that ring true in the depth of your soul. It’s exciting when someone else recognizes the best that we have to offer the world.
5. Be kind to yourself. The world will be harsh enough on you. Make an effort to be kind to yourself. Remember your good qualities and your strengths.
6. Be of service to others. We admire those that give of themselves. You can admire yourself by spending some time each week helping to make someone else’s life a little easier or more pleasant. Find a charity or social organization that addresses a cause that’s near and dear to your heart.
7. Do something nice for yourself. Take the trip you’ve been putting off. Buy yourself a book. Take a class on a topic that interests you. Buy those expensive sheets for the bed. Don’t do it as a reward. Do it just because you’re wonderful.
It is time that you make yourself a priority. Everyone benefits when you love yourself more. You’re happier and at your best. You can do more for others and be more inspiring. Take the time to love yourself fully. Never feel guilty because after all you deserve it.