Why do some people seem to get what they want out of life while others do not? There are several common reasons why your life isn’t everything you want it to be. If you understand these common mistakes, you will increase the likelihood of getting what you truly desire.
Get what you want by avoiding the most common pitfalls:
- You don’t know what you want. Just because you’re unhappy with your current situation doesn’t mean that you know what you want. It only means that you don’t want what you have.
- Solution: It’s that simple. Make a list of what you want and structure your life around creating that life and attaining those things. If you visualize what you want regularly you will begin to internalize it and therefore work harder for it.
- You don’t make the things you want a priority. Do you really want a million dollars or the body of a swimsuit model? Or would you rather watch Seinfeld reruns and eat Cheetos at night? Be real with yourself!
- Solution: The real issue isn’t what you want, but what you’re willing to give up. Getting in shape requires giving up certain foods and giving up some free time to hit the gym consistently. How much are you willing to give up to get what you want? Answer that question and you’ll know how much it means to you.
- You aren’t focused. It’s never been easier to get distracted or forgetful than it is right now. Modern life is full of digital distractions, I mean afterall we have the insight into everyone’s life right at our finger tips. Our ability to focus has never been lower.
- Solution: Remind yourself of your goals at least twice each day. Read and visualize your goals while you lie in bed, once in the morning and once at night. Keep your intentions fresh in your mind by reminding yourself of them daily.
Life is frustrating and challenging. It can be especially frustrating when nothing seems to go your way. Know what you want and have a logical plan to achieve it. Have the patience to wait for the results to arrive. Prioritize and expect that the path will be monotonous most of the time. You can do it.